One World Shop Part-Time Volunteer Sales Associate
One World Shop is a non-profit fair trade retailer that sells fairly traded gifts, art and home décor handcrafted by artisans around the world. As a non-profit we rely on our volunteers to help us staff our retail store and connect our shoppers to our mission!
- Greet, welcome customers and share the mission of the store.
- Determine and understand customers' needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits and artisan stories, while addressing customer desires.
- Suggest additional items while utilizing the Sales and Service Standards to build sales.
- Ring items on the Point-of-Sale system and either gift-wrap or package items to avoid damage.
- Provide customers with available artisan information and gift cards, and invite customers back to store.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Maintain an awareness of store's conversion rate goals and meet goals through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Work with store team to ensure consistent coverage of the sales floor.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
- Maintain displays and back office through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager with floor moves and maintenance according to store merchandising standards
- Receive, price, and stock orders as they are delivered.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Work as part of an effective team while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service
Applicants should be 16 years and older, able to stand on the sales floor for 4 hours at a time, and willing to work at least 2 - 4 hour shifts per month. Enthusiastic and positive attitude a must!
Print your own copy of our 2019 Event Calendar here!